Who is Yonan Hozaya?
Malfan Yonan Hozaya, a linguist, writer and poet. Born in Zakho – Iraq. Graduated from Mosul University / Faculty of Engineering 1980 – 1981.
- The Central Council of the Union of Writers and Writers Iraq
- Syriac Writers and Writers Union
- Kurdistan Journalists Syndicate
- Federation of International Journalists
Editor & Chief Editor:
- Qala Suryaya Magazine
- Syriac writer
- Bahra Newspaper
- Beth Nahrin Star Magazine
- He was instrumental in the translation and preparation of Syriac curricula for different academic levels.
- The distinguished role (idea, preparation and implementation) of the private work to celebrate the 150 years (1998-1999) of the birth of the first Syriac newspaper
- He was the most prominent role in the preparations for the Chaldean Syriac Assyrian General National Congress in Baghdad in 2003
- He was devoted to the Assyrian Democratic Movement and was elected a member of the leadership in 1997
- He led the media institution of the Assyrian Democratic Movement for years successfully and excellently.
- Minister of Industry and Energy – Government of Erbil / Iraq 2001-2006
- He has written more than 20 books in Syriac and Arabic from Bahra dictionary (Arabic – Syraic), poetry collections, linguistic studies, stories and critical studies.